Saturday, October 11, 2014

Colordinal, a multipurpose developer, second color roll

Colordinal is the name I gave to the multipurpose developer I made, based on a parodinal recipe in my own variation. See recipe of the parodinal alone here, third alternative.
The first color roll, reported in the previous post, was developed at dilution 1:100 for 1 hour in stand development at room temperature. Because the colors needed more saturation, I used the same developer batch at 1:25 and developed a second roll in 13 minutes in semi-stand development at room temperature. More color, but still needs something else. The film has a greenish base color, what produces magenta shifted prints. To get more acceptable prints, one needs to correct this at scanning or with post-treatment or both like I did.







I developed a third roll today that looks better than this second one but it is still in water for final wash. I will scan it tomorrow. Keep tuned with this blog.


2 comments:

André said...

Henrique, in this post you say "I used the same developer batch at 1:25 and developed a second roll in 13 minutes in semi-stand development at room temperature", but in the next one you say that "At the second roll I rose the temperature to 40 (or above) and used higher concentration, 1:25 and some 15min time". What was the actual temperature and time you used at this second cordinal-developed roll? Thanks!

Henrique Sousa said...

You are right! It was some time ago, so I am also confused like you! Reading what I wrote, and looking to the pictures, I suppose I did first at room temperature and then at 40ºC and then at 30ºC and only 10 min. what gave the best result of all.