Sunday, May 18, 2014

Blend Caffenol tests

As explained in the previous post, Blend Caffenol results from a marriage between Caffenol Black and the Orange developer. Making mentally the calculation of soda amount, I miscalculated 23 instead of 28g and I used just 20 g/l, thinking that it should be enough. I measured a pH of the same value, i.e., 10,4 like the other two developers.

But, because Coffee and Vit. C are superadditive, the developing time decreases to 15 minutes, instead of the 60 minutes that each developer alone needs.

I prepared, on last 10th May, 2 Liter of this hybridus developer, Blend Caffenol, and divide it for 4 amber bottles of 500ml each. Let us remember the recipe of Blend Caffenol:
1000 ml water
10 g soluble cheap coffee
20g Sodium Carbonate
5 g of Vitamine C
 In order to prevent its deterioration and permit the reusability, I added a pintch of Potassium Metabisulfite, lets us say 0,5 g/l.

With one of the 500ml bottles I already developed 4 rolls, the last two yesterday. One of the rolls, Agfa APX 100 ISO needed 40 minutes according to the proof of the tail I undertook first. The roll was well developed, slightly foggy, nothing serious.

Pentax P5, Agfa APX and Blend Caffenol

Pentax P5, Agfa APX and Blend Caffenol

Pentax P5, Agfa APX and Blend Caffenol

Pentax P5, Agfa APX and Blend Caffenol

Pentax P5, Agfa APX and Blend Caffenol

No comments: