Sunday, June 2, 2013

This developer is a find!

I am talking about Caffenol Super Strong again. It is, indeed, a fine developer, specially for Black and White film. Today I exposed a 120 Shangai 100 ISO film and developed it with the same working solution I prepared one month ago. This solution developed until now 3 films and the developing time is still the same, I have been using 45 minutes but this time I used 60 minutes and it came out a little overdeloped.

I consider the developer as a fine grain developer, I can't see any grain and it gives a wide grey scale. The preserving properties are probably due to the presence of sodium sulfite. Remember that the working solution for film is:

700 ml water
20 g Sodium Sulfite
20 g Sodium Carbonate
1 g Potassium Bromide
20 ml of the stock solution CSS
Water to make 1 L

I will keep using the same solution until it is exhausted. Let us see how long it lasts.

I used an Agfa Synchro box today working with a macro lens instead of its lens. I thought it would give better results but no, only the central part is focused. But it gives a nice artistic effect.

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Example 4

Example 5

Example 6

Example 7
From 8 pictures, only one was not usable but it was my fault, the image was out of the right angle of view.

Note: If you analize well the images you will see, on their right side, some difuse numbers. The light could pass through the film paper by the numbers viewer and the developer revealed this very little grey density difference.

No comments: