Saturday, March 30, 2013

Caffenol Strong, FP4 and the fixer problem

I have been testing the "incompatibility" between Caffenol+C and the fixer Ammonium Thiosulfate using the film Fomapan 100. But my sotck of this film ended, I had to use now the Ilford FP4. The results are almost the same as with Fomapan 100, only the FP4 gives more grain, like you can see in the pictures below.

I kept the same procedure as last time with Fomapan, washing 15 minutes between developer and fixer with a dilution of 1:30. Some white points could be recognized, mainly at the central part of the film, all along it. But they were not in such an extension that a little software retouch would be annoying.

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5
The last picture remained without retouch, as you see the amount of points is not that awful thing with the stars.

Awful white spots


Note: All photos were taken with the new camera I built with a Leitz Emar lens 50mm, f/3,5.

No comments: