Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Horseman sharpness with Wollensak 135mm

I don't have yet a ground glass to adjust focus on my Horseman medium format camera. I have to measure focal distances at home, improvising a ground glass with translucid paper, putting marks along the rail and then going outside and using these marks. As first, I was testing the mark of infinity, letting the others for a next time. I think it is almost done, but a ground glass and a veil opaque to light is necessary for shorter distances in order to get sharper pictures, I think. I never used such kind of cameras and I might beeing telling nonsense. The camera has a side viewer that looks like a telemeter, but I need instructions on how to use it. I see two overlaped pictures which overlaping disadjustment depends on the object distance and this may help to estimate the distance of the object, but I need a rule for that, I am trying to find it. And here are two photos of the last roll with the Horseman:

Example 1

Example 2
The roll was developed with Dignn's 2-bath method, in the meantime this method is giving better results because I decided to extend the developing times to about 10 minutes each, developer's bath A and bath B. You need also more time for bleach or blix at room temperature, about the same 10 minutes or more, depending on the freshness and room temperature.

No comments: