Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My scan system needs improvement .

I returned the Epson scanner to the seller because it started making strange noise and scratching the glass inside. Unfortunately 35 mm negatives are very difficult to reproduce without a good scan system. The macros don't satisfy enough. Unless for artistic purposes, like this one from the last roll I developed with Caffcol II, the two baths developer. I used a camera Smena and a film from Lomography, both of them not so good technically speaking. The development went fast good, pH needs to rise a little more, maybe until 11. I worked with 10,2 and the film is still a little weak but a good scanner could improve the results. So, I leave you with the best macro I could extract from a thin negative.

Original made with a Smena 8M and Lomography film

No comments: